Paychex - WORSE THAN INCOMPETENT - BLATANT LIARS
We just finished a four-month ordeal with Paychex, trying to get them to fix a *** mistake that they made. It would be impossible to exaggerate how incredibly terrible the customer service is at this company. Not incompetent - blatantly careless and cowardly.
The mistake itself was made AFTER we reminded them several times to NOT make payroll payments in October for a company that had been closed down. So they did it anyway = payroll to us, taxes to the federal government. So we tried to have it reversed. For FOUR months we went through five different customer service reps. Each one followed the same routine and it's now clear that this is what they're taught to do.
When a customer has a problem, this is the official Paychex routine:
1) Answer the phone quickly, listen attentively, and promise to fix it right away, no problem. Give out their name and phone number. Assure you of great customer service; then...
2) Look into the issue, see that it's not a simple fix, and never look at it again;
3) When we noticed that nothing had been done, we went back to this super-nice and friendly customer service agent. WHO DISAPPEARED. Not once, not twice. FOUR PEOPLE, FOUR COMPLETE DIAPPEARANCES. They don't answer their phone. They do not return messages. They do not respond to emails. If you talk to someone else, they say, "He's on vacation", or "He's been transferred", or "He's out of the office right now";
4) So you try another service agent. Go back to #1, repeat steps 1-3, precisely. Even the answers are the same. Clearly this is company policy;
5) After four - FOUR - customer service people refused to fix the problem, NEVER RETURNED A PHONE CALL, and either literally or virtually disappeared, we climbed the management ladder. Got to a Senior Service Manager;
6) Repeat Steps 1-3. Great attitude, nice people, then COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR;
7) We went to headquarters, got a senior senior manager. She was very nice, and apparently hadn't received this unique type of training. After four months, she FIXED OUR PROBLEM IN ONE DAY.
If this sounds like a story, let me say that I have names, dates, and an email trail a mile long. I can and will out this outlandish level of fraud and deception when I'm ready. In the meantime, and I say this with all sincerity, do not use Paychex. Do not listen to how nice they are, it's all part of the routine. See Steps 1-3 above. No way our situation was unique - it's how they work.
Review about: Paychex Payroll Services.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.
I didn't like: No responsibility for mistakes.